Oh Darn: TGIF

I totally forgot to write last night’s post of my day. I might have even forgotten to take a picture, I’m not really sure. That’s the difficult part of this daily blog aspect. The days blur by and if blogging isn’t part of your daily routine, the whole concept of it goes out the window.

To be fair, I did do some blogging, just not for yesterday’s post. I slowly got back into the swing of things blogging wise; setting up a regular posting schedule for all the blogs and finding new material to write about. That takes a lot of work my friends. And yes I’m aware that calling procrastination work seems a tad much, I’ll call it how I please. I felt such out of the loop since it’s been a while since I’ve checked in with the rest of the world. There’s so many interesting articles constantly circulating. Add that to my daily two newspapers (Globe & mail + National Post) and you can see that I have lots of reading on my hands. (Oh, and school work too of course)

I suppose another reason why writing for this blog went out the window yesterday was because it felt like a day off since I had no school. As you can imagine, a day off meant just kind of chilling around at home, cleaning here and there, writing and roaming the web. I created a new blog, though one filled more with visual inspiration than that of actual writing and I may link it at some point though I feel like bombarding my few readers with more.

I had some guests from out of town staying over with me this weekend so I woke up bright and early to get the place cleaned up and ready for them. Nothing drastic since I had done a pretty good job my first week back setting things up and keeping it all clean. Upon their arrival, we headed out for lunch at Mango, a thai/pan-asian restaurant. After a quick trip to the grocery store (because I don’t have typical junk food that normal college students live on), I gave them a quick tour around campus and met up with one of their friends. After continued tour and a walk down by the lake to check its frozen state, we returned back home where we all had a quick nap.

The rest of the evening was rather relaxed. As they left for the first part of their conference, I worked away at home. We ordered pizza and hung out instead of heading to the club (which was probably a smart idea after learning later on how crazy it was down there) and called it a night.

Writing it down like that makes it seem like there’s no way a whole day went by and all we did was that but between the cleaning and the outing and the late night talks, my friday just got eaten up.

What’s on the agenda for tomorrow? Readings. That’s what I better be writing about tomorrow.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s